FACT: The Fashion Industry is the second largest polluting industry in the world.
Right now, we are part of the problem -- but we are committed to becoming part of the solution.
At GREYLIN, it is our duty to design with a conscience: to dedicate ourselves to the environment and our community by employing practices that reduce waste and increase sustainability.
We invite you to join us as we challenge ourselves and the fashion industry at large, taking the necessary steps to move GREYLIN to the forefront of Green fashion.
Join us as we #EmbraceEco.
CREATION - DESIGN WITH A CONSCIENCE
In order to keep the environment at the forefront of our mission, we combine high-quality, low impact textiles with innovative design techniques to create beautiful, sustainable wardrobe staples that remain timeless throughout the seasons.
- Fibers are made from wood pulp sourced from sustainably-managed forests.
- Fibers are created through a closed loop spinning process, which ensures 99.5% of the chemicals used can be extracted and reused.
- The closed loop process is low in water and energy intensity.
- The finished material does not require bleaching.
Result: A natural, breathable fabric that is beautiful, biodegradable, and sustainable.
- Fibers are derived from the Flax plant, which has a low water and energy impact. Flax also uses fewer pesticides than traditional cotton.
- Linen can withstand high temperatures, making it versatile and well-suited for travel.
- Linen is extremely durable and can last for decades.
- When not treated with dyes, Linen is 100% biodegradable.
Result: A luxurious, durable fabric that is versatile, sustainable, and biodegradable.
In anticipation of our Fall 2020 collection, we have spent countless hours with our vendors outlining GREYLIN’s sustainability goals in order to source innovative fabrications that are as sustainable as they are beautiful.
For this collection, we are partnering with textile manufacturers around the globe — like Repreve — to source the world’s leading sustainable fiber.
This capsule collection, designed with the environment in mind, will be created completely from recycled polyester - a durable fabric made from recycled plastic bottles.
- Fibers are created from recycled plastic bottles, which keeps them from going to landfills or the ocean, reducing air, soil, and water pollution.
- The fiber creation process uses up to 50% less energy than traditional polyester and significantly less water than cotton.
- Recycled Polyester fibers are extremely durable, meaning garments can be recycled continuously without diminishing their quality.
Result: A high-quality, lightweight, breathable fabric that minimizes waste and can be continuously worn and recycled.
To fully #EmbraceEco, we must be responsible not only in our designs and textiles, but in our chosen production partners and manufacturers.
We are working towards partnering exclusively with production facilities who display their commitment to social and environmental matters by obtaining and maintaining WRAP compliance, a certification ensuring businesses are employing ethically and socially responsible manufacturing practices.
In alignment with our #EmbraceEco program, our partners must share in our goals for sustainability and ethical business practices.
While not all of our production partners are currently WRAP compliant, it is our mission to encourage our partners to complete this process, and aim to work solely with WRAP-certified businesses in the near future.
In the meantime, we are proud to partner with production facilities that put people and planet first.
Join us in challenging the fashion industry and making a difference. It’s time to #EmbraceEco.
Here’s how you can join the #EmbraceEco movement:
Recycle Our Packaging
- We’ve made a conscious effort to use packaging materials that can be reused or recycled. So when your GREYLIN order arrives, feel free to toss the box, shipping materials, and tags into the recycle bin. The planet will thank you.
Recycle Your Closet
- When it’s time to purge your wardrobe, make sure not to throw your old clothes away — instead, drop them off at your local donation center, give them to a friend, or re-sell them online or to your local consignment shop. At GREYLIN, we work hard to create quality clothing that will last, so the end of your relationship with our clothing doesn’t have to be the end of its life cycle.
Extend the Life of Your Clothes
- Rewear clothing when possible! Less washing means less water, which is better for your wardrobe. When laundry day comes around, wash clothes by hand in cold water — this will both conserve water and energy, and extend the life of your garment.
- Use only as much detergent as you need. The less suds you create, the less water needed to rinse your clothing.
Make a Suggestion!
- If you have an idea or suggestion of how GREYLIN can be a better ally to the environment, please reach out and share it with us! We are committed to making positive changes that benefit our natural world.
Sustainability is an ever-evolving process, and we know there is always more that we can do to improve.
We promise that we will continue to grow and advance our efforts to reduce waste, design with a conscience, and be transparent in our creation, production, and distribution processes in order to become a greener, more environmentally-conscious company.
In the coming seasons, we will continue implementing responsible and sustainable business practices and commit ourselves to the environmental cause wherever possible.
Thank you for supporting us in our journey to #EmbraceEco. Thank you for supporting GREYLIN.